Parallel C++ Programming &
Legacy Application Porting
Project name: AMenu - Porting of a FoxPro-3 system into a cross-platform C++/Qt application
Domain: Data processing, analysis and management
Description: This is an application designed for processing and correcting postal addresses using reference tables: addresses, which can be presented in an arbitrary format, incomplete or contain orthographic errors are compared with the addresses in the reference tables and then formatted and supplemented by the missing data from those tables.
Target groups: Marketing and consulting companies, Sociological and political organisations
- To create a high-performance application with high level of address recognition.
- Import/export data in xls and csv formats
- Data processing on the basis of reference tables
- Application log maintenance
- Setting up a host database (either local or remote)
A legacy application earlier developed for MS DOS on FoxPro 3 platform to be re-written for MS Windows, Linux, and Solaris operating systems. The task was to preserve a high rate of addresses recognition and achieve the maximum process automation and processing speed.
- The application was re-developed using Qt 4 framework and C++ programming language
- Data for reference tables were converted from the DBF format into the PostgreSQL database format
- The application became cross-platform and allowed achieving high productivity
- Due to parallel calculations, multiprocessing resources are used with the maximum profit
- Saving, transferring and processing data are absolutely secure
The speed of data processing in the initial system was
- 30 entries per second
Now the system makes about
- 600 entries per second
Technologies and development frameworks:
- Programming language - C++
- Qt 4
- STL, Boost
- Parallel multiprocessing programming
Acceptic team carried out the following phases of the project lifecycle:
- Requirements analysis
- User interface design
- Application development and testing
- User documentation writing
The Acceptic team successfully reached the final milestone within the schedule.
More examples of software and Web development projects completed by Acceptic:
- Web-based magnetic tape viewer (Data processing, C++)
- Network data sharing application (C++ development)
- Local social network (GeoIP, Google Maps)
- CRM for fitness clubs (.Net)
If you have any questions or need C++ programming services (data processing, audio/video sharing or streaming, parallel systems, legacy porting, cross-platform high-loaded applications) - Contact us for a free quote.